14 – 15/03 Neuroscientific pain modulation
Neuroscientific painmodulation is a innovative two-day course focusing on pain research and pain-modulation, with citations of well over 300 scientific peer-review articles, the course represents a much needed update to the governing theories, narratives, philosophies and world-view that there are in pain management. The course is my attempt to pass on what I have learned by reading modern pain science, neuroscience, rehabilitation research and critical thinking for (approximately) 8-10 years.
Neuroscientific pain modulation is a scientific and principle-based approach to the treatment of diagnoses where pain is the cardinal symptom, ie all diseases and musculoskeletal problems where pain is the predominant patient complaint.
My mission and goal is to make it easy to stay up to date with the current pain research. I believe that all health professionals want to use updated and current research as the basis of their clinical reasoning. They do not wish to pass on myths or debugged knowledge. But I also recognize that it is incredibly difficult and sometimes almost impossible to keep up-to-date with the current research, which is the idea and defining purpose of my work.
As a participant in the course you can become a member of an exclusive online group. Where you can access additional resources and information, and you have the opportunity to ask questions for both me and colleagues. The goal of online group is also to make it easy and manageable to keep up-to-date with current pain research, so that you always use the latest research as the basis of your clinical reasoning.
This course is for anyone working professionally with people in pain like: Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Naprapaths, Osteopaths, MDs, Nurses, and Occupational Therapists.
Course objectives and learning outcomes:
- Learn an updated approach to the treatment of pain that you can immediately apply in your clinical practice, that reinforces and enhances the approach you already use
- Learn a thorough and in-depth review of the many different factors which modulates pain, as a strong and fundamental starting point for an updated approach to the
treatment of patients with pain
- Learn to convey and explain the latest neuroscience knowledge about pain to patients. Through the use of images and metaphors in an easy and understandable way,
reducing the risk pain catastrophizing, a typical risk factor for patients with pain
- Learn the latest pain research and gain an in-depth understanding of the complexity of pain and the many factors that modulate your patients’ pain experience
- Learn a scientific and principle-based approach to the treatment of all diagnoses where pain is the cardinal symptom,where pain is the patients predominant symptom
- Get an in-depth and detailed review of most used modalities within pain management, as well as an innovative guide to choosing modalities, and a current
and updated model for clinical reasoning in pain rehabilitation
14 – 15 maart 2020, 9u – 17u
Q-Bic, Sint-Jobsstraat 139, 2200 Herentals, België
€ 455 – KMO portefeuille van toepassing voor Belgische deelnemers